Changes since Webmin version 1.530
- Webmin Core
- Sped up the loading of language files by pre-caching them in memory when Webmin is started, and not performing sub-string substitutions in most modules.
Added support for Pardus Linux, thanks to Kaan Ozdincer.
Major Dutch updates, thanks to Gandyman.
Majoe French translation update, thanks to ButterflyOfFire.
Allow per-language language overrides to be defined, in custom-lang.$code files.
Updated numerous modules to improve support for Debian 6 and Ubuntu 10.10.
If a browser asks for gzip compression, Webmin can now return compressed content either generated dynamically or from a pre-compressed .gz file in the same directory. Dynamic compression depends on the Compress::Zlib perl module.
Added support for Amazon Linux.
- Backup Configuration Files
- When a scheduled backup is run manually, and pre and post commands are now also run.
- BIND DNS Server
- The default view for new zones can now be set via an option on the Module Config page.
When adding cluster slave servers, their IPs are added to the also-notify and allow-transfer blocks of each domain added to the slave.
IPv6 addresses can now be used for remote nameservers in slave and delegation zones.
- Perl Modules
- When upgrading multiple Perl modules from CPAN, don't give up because just one could not be found.
- Custom Commands
- Added an option for custom commands to have their output displayed without any Webmin UI, in a selectable MIME type.
- DHCP Server
- Multiple leases can now be deleted at once, thanks to a suggestion from Berni Elbourn.
- Dovecot IMAP/POP3 Server
- Added support for Dovecot 2.0, which renames many configuration directives and splits up the config using include files.
- Logical Volume Management
- When creating a new striped logical volume, the strip size can now be selected.
- Network Configuration
- Static IPv6 addresses and default routes on Redhat, CentOS, Fedora, Debian and Ubuntu Linux systems, and Solaris can now be viewed and managed.
- PostgreSQL Database Server
- Added an option to the restore form to limit the restore to only certain tables.
When creating a new database, a template database to copy from can now be selected.
- Disk Quotas
- Added a Module Config option to hide quotas for deleted users and groups.
- Software Packages
- Debian packages marked as "hold" are no longer offered as possible updates. This is visible in the Software Package Updates module.
- System and Server Status
- Update the SSL certificate monitor to check alternate names as well when looking for hostname mismatches.
- Users and Groups
- Added support for SHA512 format passwords.